5 minutes with Mike Tinmouth – digital marketing strategist

This week's 5 minutes with features Mike Tinmouth a digital marketing strategist.

1225 0
1225 0
5minuteswith-Mike-Tinmouth

1. Who are you and what do you do?

Mike Tinmouth and I’m a digital marketing strategist with particular focus on content, PR and social media.

2. Where are you from?

Currently live in London but grew up in Natal in South Africa

3. What gets you up in the morning?

Usually my cats and/ or alarm. I’ve always been an early riser so I tend to be up by 5am most mornings and at my desk by 6.30am. I find the hours between 6am-8.30am to be the most productive, particularly when working in global organisation – it gives me time to get across correspondence from the US and Australia teams and start any actions before colleagues in Europe come online.

4. What’s been keeping you busy lately?

Working on our global social media strategy and regional roll-out.

5. What’s your favourite aspect of what you do?

Analytics – data drives 80% of the actions and decisions I make and shapes the experience and ‘gut-instinct’ which accounts for the other 20%.

6. What do you do in your spare time?

I’m passionate about travel and culture and aspire to visit every country in the world. I spend a lot of time writing and blogging on business and marketing related topics.

7. Who is your biggest inspiration?

Without sounds like a big softy – my Mum – who is a business leader in the technology sector. Her drive and business acumen inspires me every day but more importantly is her focus on the role of business in society – she totally understands that business is about creating sustainable revenue by being client focussed but also through creating a workplace which attracts and retains the best people and adds value to society as a whole, rather than simply being driven by profit.

8. What brand or ad campaign did you wish you’d worked on and why?

It would be easier to list the 99.9% of Ad campaigns out there that are frankly atrocious – I plan to one day start a blog to name and shame bad advertising/ creative work. On the positive side – some of the work Coca-Cola is doing in the UK at the moment is pretty cool and interesting.

9. What have you been getting up to with Openr, and what’s worked best for you?

I’ve been using Openr since it first launched – it’s been interesting watching its evolution and it’s potential. I think as the product develops we could be seeing the birth of a disruptive new digital marketing stream.

10. When it comes to marketing and social media what’s your one tip for the rest of the Openr tribe to get results?

Only work with the best. There are thousands of ‘social media experts’ and agencies out there selling social as a quick win, with instant ROI. The truth is that social media has evolved completely in the past 2-3 years, gone are the days of viral organic growth – today it is about targeted, data driven campaigns and unfortunately that requires knowledge and cash.

Openr is a social-sharing marketing tool, used by thousands of digital marketers to drive real results from the content they share on social. If you fancy more traffic, more sales, and more leads from all the content that you’re already sharing on social sign up for a free trial

Try Openr for free for 30 days

In this article